Q. Why can't I access a database from off campus?
I cannot access a library database from off campus.
If you cannot access one of the library's databases from off campus, try the suggestions below:
- What database are you trying to access and where is the link?
If it's not the same link that is on the library website, you will not be able to login.
- What credentials are you entering?
Our proxy server asks for your MSU NetID and password, the same information you use to login to Canvas.
- Clear your browser cache.
- Hitting the f5 button on your keyboard will do this in many browsers.
- Refreshyourcache.com: If f5 doesn't work, instructions can be found online here.
- Restart your computer.
- Safari: If you are using Safari, please try another browser. Safari seems problematic for our systems.
- Enable Cookies from: montclair.edu or ezproxy.montclair.edu
- Network Security Settings: The security settings of your home or work network may interfere with your ability to login to library databases. MSU's Help Desk suggests testing database access from a network from which you have been able to access the library's databases before.
- Spyware: Check your computer for spyware, it can interfere with your ability to login to databases.
- Did you save a link to an article? Try locating the article again through the library website. The link you saved might not have contained a prompt to log in to our subscriptions.
If the problem persists after trying the suggestions above, please let us know and we will try to fix the issue.